Completed in 1950, Memorial Hall with its classic prairie style architecture was named by the Board of Regents to memorialize the men and women of Southeast Missouri State’s district who served the country in all military capacities. It was originally designed as the university’s Student Union.Memorial Hall was the previous home of a regional museum, now known as the Rosemary Berkel and Harry L. Crisp II Museum
, until the completion Southeast's River Campus
in the fall of 2007. The museum is a cultural focal point of the University and the Cape Girardeau Community, and is now located in the new state-of-the-art River Campus near the Bill Emerson Memorial Bridge.