Fun fact: The Social Science Building, now known as Carnahan Hall, was the first major classroom building on campus. It formerly housed a chapel inside which was used for daily prayer.
History: Carnahan Hall is the oldest building on campus, originally constructed in 1901 as a science building. Since 1979, the building has been used as a Social Science and History Hall. The building was closed in 1994 for a complete interior renovation and reopened in the fall of 1998. At that time, the 22,000 square foot building was named after congressman and US ambassador Albert Carnahan. Albert was a Southeast alum and father to the late Governor Mel Carnahan.
900 Academic Drive
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
View building on Google map
In this building